This project was based around the central theme of Darkness and Light and was a collaboration between visual artist Zoe Robertson and Phoenix Dance Theatre.
“That was brilliant, I really enjoyed our performance and working with Stacy from Phoenix Dance Theatre” – young participant
This collaboration between the two art forms of art and dance was delivered over six weeks creating a dance piece inspired by the structures made by Huddersfield New College art students and artist Zoe.
Young people worked alongside Zoe who led a series of workshops aimed at creating drawings, sculptures and wearable objects. Phoenix Dance Theatre then used the work created by the students, as a stimulus to devise new choreographic dance pieces working towards the Biennale Finale performance held at Huddersfield Town Hall.
Teachers and young people from Huddersfield New College, Ravenshall School and Meltham C of E Primary School were involved.
- The opportunity to collaborate with different art forms
- The young people were excited to be part of the project
- The young people got the opportunity to:
- Experience performance
- Showcase their talent
- Share their work with their family, friends and other schools involved
- Work with different organisations in music, dance and art
“Thank you for such an amazing opportunity” – adult involved